C3x TADS Features
Version 5.2 of the Tartan Ada
Software Development System was introduced to the Digital Signal Market in 1997
for the TMS320C30, 31 &32 Digital Signal Processors offered by Texas
Instruments®. The Tartan Ada Development System
(TADS) consists of the
- Cross-Compiler with five optimization levels
- The Ada Librarian
- The Ada Runtime System
- An Inter-processor Support Package
- Several Ada Language Packages; Standard Packages, Runtime
Client Interface Package, Intrinsic Package, Machine Code Package and a
- The Linker
- An Adascope Debugger
- Tools and Utilities
- Supporting Documentation
In addition to the Tartan Ada
Development System (TADS),
several other tools are available for licensing to support the programming
efforts such as:
- (ASM) Assembler to generate assembly code.
- (SIM) Adascope Simulator provides a functional simulation of the
target DSP's ISA.
- (ATK) AdaTrak Profiler measures the real
time performance of your code running on the target DSP.
- (RTRK) Runtime Reference Kit provides the user with access to the
source code for augment debugging capabilities.
- (RTMK) Runtime Modification Kit provides user with the ability to
modify the runtime codes, build scripts or completely edit the runtime
- (RTINT) Runtime Internal Use License provides user with ability to
produce Object files for internal use and testing.
- (RTOBJ) Runtime Object Production Use License provides user with an ability to License Runtime Objects for prototyping
and production use.